Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Grammar posts are where great learning is.

Sooooo, aparently you cannot end a sentence with the word "is". I think that it is because of the poor teaching that High School is. A cool website says that "Ending with "is" often creates an awkward, deflated conclusion to a sentence--and an inflated word count.", HERE is where that site is. This is something that I do all the time and I never know what the problem is.But now I know the reason for sure and I hope you find it as useful as I think it is.

2 comments:

  1. Your a regular Martin Lawrence. I didn't realize what was so distinguished about his vocabulary, but thanks to you I picked it out. As I read your post about ending sentences with is, I learned an important rule that I probably break often. This post is awesome because you thought out of the box. I am starting to struggle with finding real grammar issues that I know I struggle with often. You picked out a good one, I didn't even know about. NICE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes perfect. I only wonder how many sentences iv'e actually ended with "is." Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete