Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I dont need no stinkin Dictionary, I have spellcheck!


For my grammer article this week, I figured it was time to branch away from adminsecrets.com to a new and wonderfull place that is strangly familiar. This is a place that back in my time was an amazing invention, a place that was light years ahead of its time. Instead of going to a library to use a dictionary, you could actually just dial into the internet and access one online! It was fun, exciting, simple, convient, and out of date as soon as spell check for word processors came along.
I admit that my use of the dictionary dropped considerably after I learned about spell check, but what I did not realize was that many words that are spelled correctly… are still being used wrong. Been their two many times!!! A dictionary is a great way of looking up the correct word and even finding some new ones.
So, her’s too you www.dictionary.com my old friend, I have come home ounce again!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE dictionary.com! I always have it open whenever I'm typing essays. It's awesome. I especially love the thesaurus. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and straight forward post Mike. I too use Dictionary.com often. Also another good source for that is Wikitionary found at http://en.wiktionary.org. Although the best is still probably good old Microsoft Word and spell check, even though I'm sure it is contributing to the spelling issues most of have.

    ReplyDelete